Why you should give…
- Through your gift, you are helping to educate tomorrow’s leaders. Donors like you provide critical funding for scholarships, programs, services and resources that help our students achieve in and out of the classroom.
- An investment in our students is an investment in our future! A well-educated workforce helps to sustain a vibrant economy and healthy communities.
- …because someone helped you! Now it’s your turn to become part of NCCU’s rich legacy of service and giving.
- Your gift will change lives.
Points of Pride
- For more than 100 years, the university has educated the citizens of North Carolina, the United States and the world.
- US News & World Report has ranked NCCU as the No. 1 public historically black college or university for two years in a row.
- The Washington Monthly ranked NCCU 26th among more than 600 master’s-level universities in the country for our contributions to the public good. To arrive at the overall ranking, they emphasize factors such as affordability, service and “social mobility,” a metric that credits universities for enrolling many low-income students and helping them earn degrees.
- The university’s School of Law has been named the nation’s Best Value Law School for two years in a row by National Jurist magazine.
- With two biotechnology research institutes, NCCU is emerging as a leader in the study of health disparities — significant differences in the quality of health and health care across racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups.
- NCCU’s award-winning marching band, the Marching Sound Machine, was selected to perform on New Year’s Day 2011 in the Rose Parade in Pasadena, Calif.
- NCCU was the first of North Carolina’s state-supported universities to require community service for graduation. Last year, NCCU students performed service to the community valued at more than $2 million.
- NCCU recently joined NCAA Division I athletic competition as a returning member of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC).