We started phase two of James E. Shepard Memorial Library renovations on the third floor Monday, June 19. Renovations started on the second floor Wednesday. June 21.
Due to these renovations, the second floor is scheduled to reopen in August 2017.
The library improvements will include the following:
- Two new collaborative spaces on the second floor
- New carpeting and paint with improvements in lighting on the second and third floors
- New flexible and fixed furniture on the second and third floors
- Additional workstations on the second floor
- A consolidated single service point for References Services and ITS and a new Access Services service desk on the second floor
Access to the second and third floors on the Annex side of the library is available using the staircase near the first-floor lab.
During the renovation process, the following second-floor services will be relocated:
- Reference Services will be on the third floor in the SLIS library
- Access Services (Circulation Reserve) will move to the first floor near the Information Service desk
Due to closure of the second-floor computer lab, laptops for library patrons may be checked out at the Eagle Technical Center on the first floor, Room 115. The first-floor lab will remain open.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during or renovation process and invite you to visit the new James E. Shepard Memorial Library upon completion of these upgrades.
If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Shepard Library Renovations Committee
Shepard Library Renovation FAQ
Shepard Library Renovation Photo Gallery