About Us > Burroughs Wellcome Scholarship
Are you a mathematics or science major? Are you interested in teaching mathematics or science at the high school level? Could you use financial support? If so, consider a Burroughs Wellcome Fund Scholarship.
Through generous funding from the Burroughs Welcome Fund, the School of Education and College of Science and Technology offers a scholarship and post-graduation package to rising juniors and seniors willing to minor or double major in education, committed to academic achievement in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and a willingness to become a licensed mathematics and science teacher in the North Carolina Public School System.
- $6,500 annual scholarship (up to two years)
- $5,000 annual teaching salary bonus (up to four years)
- Mentoring program with faculty
- Seminars and programs designed for scholars
- Future international educational travel support
- Please click here for the scholarship application
Application Deadline: April 1 or November 1
- Mathematics and Science majors may apply spring or fall of their sophomore year, or as juniors or seniors. Awards will begin junior year for undergraduates who qualify for up to 2 or 4 semesters of funding.
- Willingness to declare education as a minor or double-major
- Possess and maintain a 2.5 overall GPA minimum
- Be eligible to apply and be admitted into the NCCU Teacher Education Program
- Commitment to complete North Carolina teaching licensure requirements
- Following graduation, teach high school mathematics or science in the public schools of North Carolina for a minimum of one year
Page last updated: