About Us > NCDPI Licensure Procedures
Candidates completing programs leading to licensure must apply
through NCCU. Form V is not given to candidates or school districts.
Give to your program coordinator before your student teaching/internship
- Form A
- SOE Data and Verification Form must be signed by your Program
Bring to Dr. Dorothy Singleton Room 2098, H.M. Michaux School of Education Building, (919) 530-6353.
- Sealed transcript from all universities attended
Request a sealed
transcript and pick it up yourself or have it mailed to your
DO NOT have your transcript sent here
- Check for $55 payable to NCDPI ($85.00 for Speech Pathology)
Or a copy of your Provisional/emergency/or temporary license if
you are a
lateral entry teacher converting to a clear license
Additional documents are required for:
- K-12 experience -- Form E (available in room
- Postsecondary Education Experience Credits -- Form
CE (available in room 2079)
- Praxis II scores required for licensure
in the following areas:
Note: Lateral entry teachers in any area must provide Praxis II scores
- Elementary Education
- School Administration
- ESL, add on
- School Counseling
- Media Coordinator
- Special Education
- Reading, add on
- Speech Pathology
- LEA/IHE Certification of Teaching Capacity or Form S (Form S is used for those who completed student teaching prior to September, 2011) -- If required, Form S, Student Teaching/Internship Evaluation by Local Education Agency, is provided by your University Supervisor to the Teacher Education office.
- Form V -- The Licensure Officer will
generate this form once the packet is submitted.
Mail complete packet to:
Singleton, Dorothy, Ph.D.
Director, Teacher Education Program
Room 2098, H.M. Michaux School of Education Building
Durham, NC 27707
Page last updated: